Friday, January 20, 2012

So here I find myself. On Blogger. Blogging. What do people blog about? First things first. I had to pick a theme, a background, I had to find a template that would welcome people to my page, that would tell people, with one mere glance, all about me and what type of person I am. Am I an animal lover, with cute little puppies scattering over my page, am I an art lover, with abstract pieces for people to gaze upon, am I quirky, funky, funny, cute, intelligent - fuck me, it's a computer screen and these are preloaded images - I'm pretty sure there is nothing on file within Blogger that will define me. Hell, I don't even know who I am, or how to define myself. Perhaps that will be something I shall ponder and explore through this medium. Word of warning though for anyone reading this...... I swear a little IRL (in real life), but I'm a foul mouthed sailor in writing. I find it cathartic. Yes, I realise that is rather 'neanderthal' of me but if you don't like it don't read it.

There are a group of women that have been telling me for some time now that I should 'blog' - I should put my thoughts and commentary on life down for others to read. It's a lovely sentiment but fuck I have performance anxiety now. All this pressure to be awesome, when really, I'm not that funny, witty or interesting - I just get lucky now and then with the occasional quip.

So, what do I do? Do I pick a 'topic' each time and post on that? Do I just continue to pointlessly ramble and hope something remotely coherent comes out? Do I need a plan? See, anxiety ridden already.

I guess I shall just sleep on it. If anyone has any requests for a hot topic, let me know......

1 comment: